INFORMATION FOR RECREATION SOCCER COACHES
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Pre-Season Coaches Meeting
- Coaches Training Sessions
- WYSC Coaching Requirements
- New Coaches
- Team Assignments
- Reporting Game Scores
- All Star Program
1 (Mandatory) Pre-Season Coaches Meeting
WYSC has exciting news and information, including new rules, to announce for the up coming Fall 2018 Recreation Soccer season. We will be going over all these thing at our coaches training sessions. All coaches are required to attend 1 if not both sessions.
2 Coaches Training Sessions
WYSC will be holding multiple coaching sessions to help coaches organize practices, strategize, and answer any questions you may have with our Director of Coaching Rick Derflinger.
Training session date and times are as follows;
- U8 - Saturday August 18 & 25 9:00-10:15
- U10 - Saturday August 18 & 25 10:15-11:30
- U12 and older - Sunday August 19 & 26 5:00-6:30
Coaches are encouraged to attend both training sessions
On Monday's Coaches are encouraged to come out with there team for training sessions with Coach Rick. Coach Rick will help you work with your team in practice formats
U8 sessions Monday 5:00-6:00 Fauquier Health Field #1
U10 sessions Monday 6:15-7:15 Fauquier Health Field #1
3 WYSC Coaching Requirements
WYSC requires that all new coaches take the 4v4 online license course. This two hour online course can be done at your convenience. The cost of the course is $25 - WYSC will reimburse 100% of the cost upon course completion and after coaching one complete season with WYSC.
U8 Coaches required to have F License or 4v4 course
U10 Coach required to have F License or 7v7 course
U12 Coaches required to have E License or 9v9 course
U14 and older Coaches are required to have E License or 11v11 course
To practice at Athey coaches are required to attend the coaches meeting and must hold a matching coaching License/Course for the age they plan to coach.
Warrenton Youth Sports Club's recreational soccer committee will follow the criteria listed below when assigning coaches to teams:
1. Coaches with appropriate age group certification. Below you can find additional information about how to get certified through Virginia Youth Soccer Association (VYSA) and US Soccer. This will be enforced mainly for U8 division and above.
2. Submission of Coaches Code of Conduct form. [HERE] - Coaches registered as a volunteer in our registration section of the web site by the end of early registration deadline.
WYSC will grant field practice time at Athey using the following criteria:
- Attended Coaches meeting
- Licensed coaches based on level of certification
- Returning coaches
- Order in which individual registers himself to coach
The coach of each winning team will be responsible for entering the game score each weekend. Below are the instructions for doing this:
Go to www.wysc.org home page
Go to log in at the top right and enter your name and your coach's password.
At the top of your screen click on Teams and then select your team number.
Click on Results.
Overview: All-Star program are a common asspect of youth soccer program around northern Virginia. They provide extra practice and a competitive tournament to interested players, above the standard recreational season. Successful coaches that are intertested recruit from across the recreational league and host tryouts to
Details: For more complete infromation check out the All-Star Coaches Page or for general information check out the All-Star Page.